The embedded controller used in this module is ST7789V2, an LCD controller with 240 × RGB × 320 pixels, and the pixels of the LCD itself is 240(H) × RGB × 280(V), so the internal RAM of the LCD is not fully used.
This LCD supports input color formats of 12-bit, 16-bit, and 18-bit per pixel, which are RGB444, RGB565, and RGB666. This demo example uses the RGB565 color format, which is also a commonly used RGB format.
The LCD uses a four-wire SPI communication interface, which greatly saves GPIO ports with faster communication speeds.
The resolution of this module is 240 (H) x RGB x 280 (V), but due to the four round corners (see specifications for dimensions), some parts of the input images may not be displayed.
Developer's Resources / Example Codes etc
- Operating voltage: 3.3V/5V (Please ensure that the power supply voltage and logic voltage are the same, otherwise it will not work properly.)
- Communication interface: SPI
- Display Panel: IPS
- Control chip: ST7789V2
- Resolution: 240 (H)RGB × 280(V)
- Display size: 27.972mm × 32.634mm
- Display R angle: 4-R5 (mm)
- Pixel pitch: 0.11655mm × 0.11655mm
- Dimensions: 31.5mm × 39.0mm