HC-05 Bluetooth Wireless Serial Module TTL (Master/ Slave) / 3V3-6V Supply/ 3.3V Logic/ V1.06
Description : HC-05 Bluetooth module with TTL adapter. This module consists of a Bluetooth Wireless to Serial Communication Modem and an Adapter that converts signal logic to TTL level (3.3V for this). This module basically converts Serial port onto Bluetooth. In simple words, this modules throws the data over Bluetooth given to it over Serial Port and vice versa.
Download Manufacturer Datasheet (938 KB)
These modules have two modes of operations : Master and Slave, User can set the device mode to MASTER or SLAVE using AT commands.
Main functions of these kind of Wireless module includes :
- For instance, you have got two microcontrollers, you want to make them communicate with each other wirelessly, using these bluetooth module you can connect one mcu with MASTER BT module and other mcu to SLAVE BT module and using series of AT commands they find each other, form wireless connection pair with each other, and transfers data wirelessly.
- You connect your microcontroller to SLAVE mode BT module, in this case you can make your microcontroller communicate to your PC, Laptop, Smart phones (MASTER BT devices). In this case your microcontroller communicates to PC/ Laptop/ SmartPhone just like it is communicating to some Serial Communication device. For this, you may use many Android Apps. e.g. Bluetooth Serial, Joy BT Commande. You can actually control the ROBOTS and other MCU based projects/ devices over bluetooth using Smart Phone.
- There are many Slave bluetooth devices available in market for example Bluetooth Printers, Bluetooth GPS. You can control these devices when using these modules in MASTER mode.
- Wireless Range : ~10 Metres
- Module interface includes VCC, GND, RXD, TXD, STATE (connection state), KEY.
- Onboard LED shows connection status. LED flashes continuously when it is NOT connected, LED ON indicates it is connected.
- Full Duplex Serial communication, Supports 8 Data Bits, 1 STOP, NO PARITY.
- Bluetooth protocal: Bluetooth Specification v2.0+EDR
- Frequency: 2.4GHz ISM band
- Modulation: GFSK(Gaussian Frequency Shift Keying)
- Emission power: ≤4dBm, Class 2
- Sensitivity: ≤-84dBm at 0.1% BER
- Speed: Asynchronous: 2.1Mbps(Max) / 160 kbps, Synchronous: 1Mbps/1Mbps
- Security: Authentication and encryption
- Profiles: Bluetooth serial port
- Power supply: +3.3VDC 50mA
- Working temperature: -20 ~ +75 Centigrade
- Dimensions: 15.2mm(W) x 35.7mm(L) x 5.6mm(H)
Having a Doubt about interfacing these modules with microcontrollers? Drop us a mail [email protected]