Varistor are voltage dependent, nonlinear device which have an electrical behavior similar to back-to-back zener diodes. Zinc oxide varistor are nonlinear resistors, consisting main of zinc oxide and several kinds of metal oxide additive. They are bilateral and symmetrical V-I characteristics curve and unparalleled large peak current capability are used for absorption of transient voltage, suppression of pulse noise and circuit voltage stabilization.
- Surge Protection in consumer electronics
- Absorption of switching surge from various kinds of relays and electro-magnetic valves
- Electrostatic discharge an spike noise suppression.
- Protection of various kinds of transistors, diodes, ICs, thyristors, triac semiconductors, and etc.
- Automobile control system such as transistorized ignition system and electronic fuel injection system, and etc.