The X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1 is a three-phase brushless DC motor driver expansion board based on the L6230 for STM32 Nucleo. It provides an affordable and easy-to-use solution for driving a three-phase brushless DC motor in your STM32 Nucleo project. The X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1 is compatible with the ST Morpho connector and supports the addition of other boards which can be stacked onto a single STM32 Nucleo board.
The user can also mount the Arduino UNO R3 connector. The driver used on this expansion board is the L6230, a DMOS fully integrated driver for three-phase brushless DC motors assembled in a PowerSO-36 package (L6230PD), with overcurrent and thermal protection.
The L6230 driver is optimized for six-step and FOC algorithms thanks to independent current sensing.
- 3-phase driver for BLDC/PMSM motors
- Nominal operating voltage range from 8 V to 48 VDC
- 2.8 A output peak current (1.4 ARMS)
- Operating frequency up to 100 kHz
- non-dissipative overcurrent detection and protection
- Cross-conduction protection
- Thermal measuring and overheating protection
- Compatible with STM32 Nucleo boards
- Fully compatible with STM32 Motor Control SDK (X-CUBE-MCSDK-Y)
- Equipped with ST morpho connectors
- Three-shunt and single-shunt configurable jumpers for motor current sensing
- Hall/Encoder motor sensor connector and circuit
- Debug connector for DAC, GPIOs, etc.
- Potentiometer available for speed regulation
- User LED
- RoHS compliant