HT12D - 212 Series of Decoders - Decoder for IR/ RF Remote Control Applications - DIP-18 - Holtek Semiconductor
The 212 decoders are a series of CMOS LSIs for remote control system applications. They are paired with Holtek's 212series of encoders (refer to the encoder/decoder cross reference table). For proper operation, a pair of encoder/decoder with the same number of addresses and data format should be chosen.
The decoders receive serial addresses and data from a programmed 212 series of encoders that are transmitted by a carrier using an RF or an IR transmission medium. They compare the serial input data three times continuously with their local addresses. If no error or unmatched codes are found, the input data codes are decoded and then transferred to the output pins. The VT pin also goes high to indicate a valid transmission.
The 212 series of decoders are capable of decoding informations that consist of N bits of address and 12-N bits of data.
- Operating voltage: 2.4V~12V
- Low power and high noise immunity CMOS technology
- Low standby current
- Capable of decoding 12 bits of information
- Binary address setting
- Receired codes are checked 3 times
- Address/Data number combination
- HT12D: 8 address bits and 4 data bits
- Built-in oscillator needs only 5% resistor
- Valid transmission indicator
- Easy interface with an RF or an infrared transmission medium
- Minimal external components
- Pair with Holtek's 212 series of encoders
- 18-pin DIP