SIM900A - GSM/ GPRS Modem - RS232 / TTL Interface
This low cost GSM/GPRS Modem is built with Dual Band GSM/GPRS engine- SIM900A, works on frequencies 900/ 1800 MHz. The Modem comes with RS232 as well as Serial TTL interface,which allows you connect PC as well as microcontroller with RS232 Chip(MAX232)/ USB to Serial/ USB to TTL converters. The baud rate is configurable from 9600-115200 through AT command. The GSM/GPRS Modem is having internal TCP/IP stack to enable you to connect with internet via GPRS. It is suitable for SMS, Voice as well as DATA transfer application in M2M interface.
Using this modem,you can make audio calls, SMS, Read SMS, attend the incoming calls and internet ect through simple AT commands.
GSM/GPRS Modem Fetures
- Dual-Band GSM/GPRS 900/ 1800 MHz
- RS232 interface for direct communication with computer or MCU kit
- Configurable baud rate
- SMA connector with GSM Antenna.
- SIM Card holder.
- Built in Network Status LED
- Inbuilt Powerful TCP/IP protocol stack for internet data transfer over GPRS.
- Audio interface Connector
- Normal operation temperature: -20 °C to +55 °C
- Input Voltage: 12V / 1A DC
- Fully Assembled and Tested GSM Modem with antenna.
Documents & Tutorials
Please note that Sim900A is a dual-band module suitable only for Asian countries. For world wide usage please choose GSM/GPRS modems embedded with Sim900 module.