ESP32-C3 is a single-core Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 (LE) microcontroller SoC, based on the open-source RISC-V architecture. It strikes the right balance of power, I/O capabilities, and security, thus offering the optimal cost-effective solution for connected devices. The availability of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 (LE) connectivity not only makes the device's configuration easy but also facilitates a variety of use cases based on dual connectivity.
- ESP32-C3 integrates a 32-bit core RISC-V microcontroller with a maximum clock speed of 160 MHz. With 22 configurable GPIOs, 400 KB of internal RAM, and low-power-mode support, it can facilitate many different use cases involving connected devices. The MCU comes in multiple variants with integrated and external flash availability. The high-temperature support makes it ideal for industrial and lighting use cases.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 (LE) with long-range (LR) support help build devices with great coverage and improved usability. ESP32-C3 continues to support Bluetooth LE SIG Mesh and Espressif Wi-Fi Mesh. Furthermore, the solid RF performance of ESP32-C3 is sustained at a higher operating temperature.
- ESP32-C3 ensures that the availability of features, such as the RSA-3072-based secure boot and the AES-128/256-XTS-based flash encryption, can be used to build connected devices securely. The innovative digital signature peripheral and the HMAC peripheral provide a secure device identity for applications. Hardware acceleration support for cryptographic algorithms ensures good performance for secure communication both in a local network and with the Cloud.
- ESP32-C3 is supported through Espressif’s open-source ESP-IDF which already powers millions of devices in the field. This ensures the availability of a robust SDK and tools, as well as an easy application migration path for developers. ESP32-C3 can also be used with an external host MCU, using ESP-AT and ESP-Hosted solutions.
- RF Family/Standard: Bluetooth, WiFi
- Protocol: 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth v5.0
- Frequency: 2.412GHz ~ 2.484GHz
- Data Rate: 150Mbps
- Power - Output: 20.5dBm
- Sensitivity: -104dBm
- Serial Interfaces: ADC, GPIO, I²C, I²S, JTAG, PWM, SPI, UART, USB
- Memory Size: 4MB Flash, 384kB ROM, 408kB SRAM
- Voltage - Supply: 3V ~ 3.6V
- Current - Receiving: 82mA ~ 84mA
- Current - Transmitting: 290mA ~ 350mA
- Mounting Type: Surface Mount
- Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ 105°C (TA)
- Package / Case: 32-SMD Module
- Smart Home
- Health Care
- Industrial Automation
- Consumer Electronics
- Smart Agriculture
- Audio Device