This device has robust drivers and receivers for demanding industrial applications. The bus pins are robust to ESD events, with high levels of protection to Human-Body Model, Air-Gap Discharge, and Contact Discharge specifications.
The device combines a differential driver and a differential receiver, which operate from a single 5-V power supply. The driver differential outputs and the receiver differential inputs are connected internally to form a bus port suitable for half-duplex (two-wire bus) communication. The device features a wide common-mode voltage range making the device suitable for multi-point applications over long cable runs. The device is characterized from –40°C to 85°C.
- Bus I/O Protection
- ±16-kV HBM Protection
- ±12-kV IEC61000-4-2 Contact Discharge
- +4-kV IEC61000-4-4 Fast Transient Burst
- Industrial Temperature Range –40°C to 85°C
- Large Receiver Hysteresis (60 mV Typical) for Noise Rejection
- Low-Power Consumption
- <1-µA Standby Current
- <1-mA Quiescent Current
- Signaling Rate Optimized for 250 kbps
- Create a Custom Design Using the SN65HVD82 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer