The UPS HAT (C) is an uninterruptible power supply module specialized for Raspberry Pi Zero series. It incorporates Li-po battery switching charger with path management, voltage boost chip, and voltage/current monitor which allows monitoring the battery operating status via I2C bus.
- Onboard spring pogo pins for connecting with Raspberry Pi Zero series boards
- Li-po battery recharge chip, with dynamic path management, more stable power supply
- Voltage boost chip, providing regulated 5V power output
- I2C bus communication, monitoring the battery voltage, current, power, and remaining capacity in real time
- Multi battery protection circuits: over charge/discharge protection, over current protection, and short circuit protection, more safe and stable
- Recharging indicator for monitoring the battery operating status
- Comes with development resources and manual
- Li-ion and Li-po batteries are quite unstable. They may cause fire, personal injury, or property damage, if they're not properly recharged or used.
- Do not reversely connect the polarities when recharging or discharging the battery. Do not use inferior charger/charging panel to recharge the battery.
- Do not mix use old batteries with new ones, avoid using batteries of different brands.
- When buying Lithium battery, should always make sure the battery specification is compatible with the expansion board. Choose batteries from formal manufacturer, and ensure the batteries will work stably and safely by aging test.
- Lithium batteries have limited cycle life, they will also deteriorate as time goes by. Should be replaced with new ones when the batteries reaching their max cycle life, or working over two years, whichever comes first.
- Should be placed carefully and properly, keep it away from inflammables and explosives articles, away from children, avoid any safety accident caused by careless storage.