E-paper display utilizes microcapsule electrophoretic technology for displaying, the principle is: charged particles suspended in clear fluid will move to sides of microcapsule when electric field is applied, making the microcapsule become visible by reflecting ambient light, just as traditional printed paper.
E-paper display will clearly display images/texts under lamplight or natural light, requires no backlight, and features nearly up to 180° viewing angle. It is usually used as e-reader due to its paper-like effect.
- No backlight, keeps displaying last content for a long time even when power down
- Ultra low power consumption, basically power is only required for refreshing
- SPI interface, for connecting with controller boards like Raspberry Pi/Jetson Nano/Arduino/STM32, etc.
- Onboard voltage translator, compatible with 3.3V/5V MCUs
- Comes with development resources and manual(driver board schematic, examples for Raspberry Pi/Arduino/STM32)
|3-wire SPI, 4-wire SPI
|47 × 38mm
|FULL REFRESH TIME
|29.568 × 29.568mm
|0.176 × 0.176mm
|<0.01uA (almost none)
|SPI MOSI pin
|SPI SCK pin
|SPI chip selection, low active
|Data/Command selection (high for data, low for command)
|External reset, low active
|Busy status output pin