GY-BMP280-5V Temperature and Humidity Sensor Module
The BMP280 is a humidity sensor specially developed for mobile applications where size and low power consumption are key design parameters. The humidity sensor offers an extremely fast response time and therefore supports performance requirements for emerging applications such as context awareness, and high accuracy over a wide temperature range.
- The BME280 is a great new chip that was originally designed for the next generation of smartphones.
- With an I2C connection, you have access to enough weather data to make some pretty good predictions for your local area.
- BME280, the precision sensor, is soldered onto PCB.
- Not only the pressure and the temperature, but this sensor can also measure humidity.
- It uses both I2C and SPI (supports 3-, 4-wire SPI) interface
- Fitness monitoring/well-being
- Warning regarding dryness or high temperatures
- Measurement of volume and airflow
- Home automation control
- Control heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC)
- Internet of things
- GPS enhancement (e.g. time-to-first-fix improvement, dead reckoning, slope detection)
- Indoor navigation (change of floor detection, elevator detection)
- Outdoor navigation, leisure, and sports applications
- Weather forecast
- Vertical velocity indication (rise/sink speed)